Paint Box

Saturday 23 April 2011

Case Study Proposal

My chosen artist for the case study is the contemporary artist Paula Rego. I eventually chose her because visually her work is very different to mine and I find the way she inhabits and personifies her studio fascinating. In addition to researching her career I intend to research ideas such as how her professional and personal relationship with her husband Victor Willing influenced her and how her use of props and stories have contributed to her work. Having identified five themes within her making process, I intend to structure my investigation around The Self, Femininity, Power, Narrative and Symbols. These are not the only themes which manifest but my reading so far has caused me to pull these strands together as prominent points of interest. Experimenting with photography and altered books to explore Rego’s themes will support me in structuring the written element and will hopefully lead to a creative response.

Artist in her Studio
The Young Poet


No comments:

Post a Comment