Paint Box

Monday 6 June 2011

Breaking Boundaries

6th June 2011

Spoke about choice of double portrait to create tension and contrast. I want to display my work somewhere which adds another layer of tension to the encounter. Discussed displaying paintings in toilets - i like this as I would expect there to be mirrors which would add to the idea of pairings and reflection. C suggested I look at the 'Toilet Gallery' in Kingston...
http://www.facebook.com/search.php?q=the%20toilet%20gallery&init=quick&tas=0.2517181508883841&ref=ts#!/pages/The-Toilet-Gallery/155105784539119
I want to create contrast and develop the idea of the playful menace. Another idea is to display work in a maze because of the sense of trapping but also play. Logistically, the current pieces I'm working on would be difficult to move due to the dimensions being bigger than my car. However, I don't want to loose the sense of scale as this is an important part of the encounter. M suggested that I Photoshop images of these works into different settings which would allow me to envisage how they would look. Also spoke about the possibility of photograph paintings and cramming them inside a dolls house to explore claustrophobia.

8th June

Think I'm going to have to make smaller pieces as starting with work I can't easily move is setting myself up for a fall. 3x3 should do it...

10th July

Got email back from Blenheim saying they though that my work was too fragile to go in the pleasure gardens/maze. Disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment